Top 20 Most Inspiring Dalai Lama Quotes
Created Date: 24 May
1. The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.
2. Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
3. We need to learn to want what we have, not to have what we want, in order to get stable and steady happiness.
4. It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.
5. Compassion is the radicalism of our time.
6. To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.
7. People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.
9. If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.
10. My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
11. Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back, and reasons to stay.
12. It is very rare or almost impossible that an event can be negative from all points of view.
13. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
14. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
15. Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
16. The world doesn’t belong to leaders. The world belongs to all humanity.
17. A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.
18. Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck.
19. The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your action will be.
20. Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.